“Vitebsky” railway station (Vitebsky voksal, Витебский вокзал) is the oldest railway station in Russia. It was built in 1837 for the first in Russia “Tsarskoselskaya” railway, which linked St. Petersburg and “Tsarskoe Selo”. At that time, it was called “Tsarskoselsky vokzal” railway station. Vitebsky Railway Station is one of the five existing stations in St. Petersburg now.
The station is located at a distance of approximately 1.8 kilometers south of the Nevsky Prospekt.
Address: Zagorodny Prospect, 52, St. Petersburg, Russia.
You can check the station location on the Saint Petersburg map.
The nearest underground stations are “Pushkinskaya”, “Zvenigorodskaya”.
- Vitebsky Railway Station is the first railway station in Russia. The first one-story wooden station building was built in 1837. Traffic on the St. Petersburg - Tsarskoe Selo railway was opened Oct. 30, 1837.
- The modern station building was built in 1904 in art nouveau style. It was designed by the academician of architecture SA Brzhozovsky. The entrance to the metro station “Pushkinskaya” was built close to the station in 1956. Metro station “Zvenigorodskaya” became operating in 2008.
From Vitebsky railway station trains depart to the following countries: Belarus, Bulgaria, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine, Croatia, Czech Republic.
Trains are handling to the cities: Odessa. Riga, Brest, Minsk, Kiev, Grodno, Chisinau, Gomel, Vilnius, Smolensk, Mariupol, Velikiye Luki.
There are located next to the Vitebsky railway station in St. Petersburg:
- Theatre of Young Spectators. Address: Pionerskaya Square, 1, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Oceanarium. Location: Planet Neptune shopping center, street Marata, 86, St. Petersburg.
- Military Medical Museum. Address: Lazaretny lane 2, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Station Hotel G73. Address: Gorokhovaya Street 73, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Hotel Ethno Hotel Nagual. Address: Fontanka Embankment, 104, Admiralteysky District, Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- The official hotel of the Hermitage Museum. Address: Pravdy Street, 10, St. Petersburg, Russia. (Distance from the hotel is about 900 meters.)