Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Santa Cruz de Tenerife (Santa Cruz de Santiago de Tenerife) is the largest city on the island, one of the two capitals of the Canary Islands. The city is located in the north-eastern part of the island. The permanent population is over 200,000 people.
- One of the largest and most colourful festivals in the world, Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, is held in "Santa Cruz de Tenerife" each year, in February.
- The famous "Las Teresitas" beach, which made of gold brought from the Sahara desert sand, is located near the city.
- Opera House is one of the attractions of the city of Santa Cruz. Auditorio de Tenerife is also one of the most famous and recognizable buildings in Spain. Opera House is located on the beach in the center of the city, close to the Spain square.
- The most famous and the largest city square is Plaza de Espana (Plaza de España). The square is located close to the shore of the ocean, just north of the opera house. There is plenty of free parking.
Places for shopping.
The city has many places for shopping. One of the shopping streets, the street Castillo (Calle del Castillo), located east of the Plaza de España.
Carrefour shopping center is located at a distance of 6 kilometres from the city of Santa Cruz near the Southern Highway, in the town Añaza.
Address: Autopista de Sur (South Highway), km 5,9. Urbanización Añaza, Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
Shopping center "Carrefour Meridiano" located in the city center, close to the Opera House.
Popular in Spain network "El Corte Inglés" shopping center is located in the city center, close to the shopping center "Carrefour Meridiano", at a distance of no more than 500 meters from the Opera House.
Address: Avenida Tres de Mayo 7.
Find flights and buy tickets.
Book a hotel in Canary Islands.
Book a transfer (taxi, minibus) from the airport to the hotel.
The island has two international airports: Airport South and North airport. Airports of Tenerife in 2011 served 12.7 million passengers.
Tenerife South Airport
International airport "Tenerife - South" (Aeropuerto de Tenerife Sur) located to the south of Tenerife, in the municipality of Granadilla de Abona, near the town of Arona and most popular island resorts of "Playa de Las Americas" and "Los Cristianos".
The airport has good bus connections to all parts of the island. Bus number 343 goes be between Southern and Northern airports. Tenerife South airport served 8.6 million passengers in 2011. This is the busiest airport on the island. Distance from "Tenerife South" airport to Los Cristianos is approximately 18 kilometers.
Tenerife North Airport
"Los Rodeos" airport is located to northeast of the island of Tenerife, near the "Santa Cruz de Tenerife" city. The airport serves both international flights and flights between the islands of the Canary archipelago. The most popular direction, both in the number of flights and the number of passengers is the route Tenerife - Madrid.
Tenerife North airport served 4.09 million passengers in 2011.
Mount Teide volcano and National Park
Volcano and National Park Mount Teide (Parque Nacional de las Cañadas del Teide) is the most famous and most visited tourist attraction of the island of Tenerife. National Park is located in the western part of the island. Mount Teide is the highest point in Spain. The height of the volcano is 3718 meters above sea level. In 2010, the Teide National Park is the most popular national park in Europe.
To rise above is possible by cable car (funicular) or on foot. The upper cable car station is situated at an altitude of 3555 meters. The rise of the cable car takes 8 minutes. The same route on foot will take you several hours.
The crater of the volcano Teide is located at 163 meters above the cable car station. Due to the high altitude, thin air, climb can be difficult for people with poor physical condition, heart disease, obesity.
You must first get a permit to go to the crater of the volcano. (You can get ahead and print it convenient online http://www.reservasparquesnacionales.es). Permits shall be issued free of charge. The number of permits issued is limited. Rise to kraeru will take you about 30 minutes.
- The cable car can be closed (usually in winter) due to bad weather or maintenance. The cable car runs from 9 to 16 hours.
- People with heart disease, poor physical condition, do not climb the mountain on foot.
- Try to get permission in advance to get to the crater of the volcano.
- Bus on the Teide from Las Americas to be in Los Cristianos, just once a day.
- Drive to the volcano by car on the road TF-21. Distance from Los Cristianos to the lower cable car station on the highway about 50 kilometers.
Adeje and Arona municipalities
Municipalities Adeje and Arona are located in the south of Tenerife. Here are the most popular resorts and beaches of the island. Most tourists choose this place for vacation on Tenerife. Here is located the largest airport of the island. Motorway TF-1 connects the southern part of the island to the city of Santa Cruz.
Arona municipality is located in the south of Tenerife. Here are the famous resorts as Los Cristianos and Las Americas.
Adeje municipality is situated on the southern coast of Tenerife and is bordered by the municipality of Arona. Great beaches and luxury hotels are located in this area.
Water park "Siam Park"
"Siam Park" is a large water theme park, one of the largest in Europe. In the water park features 14 water rides. Artificial wave height of three meters for surfers is there! Water Park is located in "Playa de Las Americas". Address: Avenida Siam Park, Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain.
Water park "Aqualand"
Aqualand water park is located in the north of the "Playa de las Americas" resort. The water park has many water rides. The Water Park also has a dolphins. Dolphin shows is held twice a day.
Address: Avenida Austria, 15.