Perhaps the most interesting for men in St. Petersburg museum is the Military Historical Museum of Artillery, Engineers and Signal Corps. The museum contains a large number of exhibits relating to the army, including a large number of weapons from different times. Right at the entrance to the museum mounted cannons, howitzers, rocket launchers. The museum is located next to the Peter and Paul Fortress. Near the museum are located also a Cruiser Aurora and a Zoo.
The nearest metro station is “Gorkovskaya”.
- The maximum range of missiles 10,000 kilometers.
- Rocket launch mass 45 tons.
- • The launcher is mounted on the seven-axis chassis MAZ-7912.
On the photo is Soviet heavy 203 mm howitzer M1931 (B-4). These guns were used with success against heavy German fortifications and in urban combat for crushing protected buildings and bunkers. This weapon was used right up until the end of the war in the Battle of Berlin where the Red Army would bring these guns up at point blank range to smash German fortifications with their heavy 203mm shells. Maximum range is 18 km (11 mi).
- Maximum range 17,89 kilometers.
- Caliber 203.4 millimeters.
- Weight on the move 19000 kg.
- Howitzer team of 15 people.
See attractions, museums and interesting places location on the Saint Petersburg map.