Metro stations “Nevsky Prospect” and “Gostiny Dvor” are located in the heart of St. Petersburg, about the middle of the city main street – “Nevsky Prospekt”. Many important for tourists and local residents of objects are located near these stations. For example: “Russian Museum” and “Ethnographic Museum”, “Mikhailovsky Theatre” and Musical Comedy Theater, Kazan cathedral and “Savior on Spilled Blood” cathedral. You can walk to the “Palace Square” along “Nevsky Prospekt” from these stations.
Metro station “Nevsky Prospect” is located on the Moscowsko-Petrogradskaya metro line. “Gostiny Dvor” station is located on the Nevsko-Vasileostrovskaya line. The stations are interconnected by passages, which make possible to change lines.
Metro station “Nevsky Prospect”
Nevsky Prospekt metro station (станция метро Невский проспект) is located on the Moscowsko-Petrogradskaya line of St. Petersburg metro (line 2, blue line), between stations “Sennaya Ploschad” and “Gorkovskaya”. The station was opened on July 1, 1963. Station underground hall is located at depth about 63 meters.
Entrance to station underground lobby through street underground passages, having intrance on Mikhailovskaya Street and Nevsky Prospect (underpass near the department store “Gostyny Dvor”).
The station has also exit (Nevsky Prospekt -2) at the intersection of “Nevsky Prospekt” and the Griboyedov Canal (Engelhardt House). This exit is convenient if you need to go to the Mikhailovsky Theatre, the Russian Museum and the “Savior on Spilled Blood” cathedral.
One of the entrances to the metro station Nevsky Prospect is shown on the picture.
Metro station “Gostiny Dvor”
Petersburg metro station “Gostiny Dvor” (Гостиный двор, Guest House) is located on the Nevsko- Vasileostrovskaya metro line (line 3, green line) between stations “Vasilyeostrovskaya” and “Mayakovskaya”. The station has been opened on November 3, 1967. Station is located at depth about 56 meters. Station ground lobby is built into the department store “Gostiny Dvor” building on the corner of Nevsky Prospekt and Sadovaya streets. This exit is convenient to use if you need to go to the “Gostiny Dvor” “Apraxin” courtyard or “Ploschad Iskusstv” square. Distance from the lobby to the exit at the intersection of Nevsky Prospekt and the Griboyedov Canal is about 420 meters.
Near “Nevsky Prospekt” and “Gostiny Dvor” metro stations in Saint Petersburg are located:
- Kazan Cathedral is one of the most famous cathedrals of St. Petersburg. There are held items related to the history of the 1812 war against Napoleon in the cathedral.
- ”Our Savior on Spilled Blood” сathedral. The cathedral was built on the site of the assassination attempt on the Emperor Alexander. Inside the cathedral you can see traces of emperor’s blood. It is one of the most popular attractions among foreign tourists.
- Russian Museum. The largest collection of Russian art in Russia is kept in this museum.
- Mikhailovsky Theatre. One of the best opera and ballet theaters in St. Petersburg.
- Bank bridge. It is small bridge over Griboyedov Canal. Figures of griffins with gilded wings made this bridge famous.
- Financial and Economic Academy. One of the most prestigious educational institutions of the city. Here are studing those who will manage large financial flows in Russia.
- Belmond Grand Hotel Europe. It is one of the most prestigious hotels in the city. It is suitable even for kings.
You can find out the stations and lines location on the map.
For more information about the Saint Petersburg metro, please visit the VISIT-PLUS St. Petersburg metro page.
The Metro station location map.