Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow is located in the central part of the city, at a distance of approximately 1.4 kilometers southwest of the Red Square, near the banks of the Moscow River (Prechistenskaya embankment). The temple is one of the largest churches in Russia.
Temple The existing building was built in 1994-1997 on the site of the destroyed building before. The first temple was built in memory of the war against Napoleon by the architect KA Ton. The church was founded September 23, 1839 and consecrated on May 26, 1883. The temple was destroyed by the December 5, 1931 by the decision of communist government.