You are here

The Saint Petersburg Mosque

Submitted by Serg A Nik on Sun, 04/10/2016 - 22:30
English

The Saint Petersburg Mosque was opened in 1913. its minarets 49 meters in height and the dome is 39 meters high. In 1940 Soviet authorities banned services and turned the building into a medical equipment storehouse. the mosque was returned to the Muslim Religious community of St. Petersburg in 1956.

The nearest metro station: "Gorkovskaya".

Images Gallery:

Advertisement



Join our Facebook Travel group to follow the news, discuss topics and publish comments. Due to the increased activity of spammers, comments publication is temporarily suspended (for unregistered users). #visitplus #visit_plus.



On our site there are advertising and partner links. This means that we can sometimes get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our partners. We do not register new users and do not store personal information. Some of the services interacting with the site use cookies to improve service.

Useful linkGuides: Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Helsinki, St. Petersburg and other top destinations.

Useful linkUseful online services: the best websites for hotel booking, find flights, railway tickets.