Church of St. Nicholas in the city of Chania on the island of Crete was built in 1320 for the monastery of the Dominican Order. In 1645, the church was converted into a mosque Chiougkar Tzamisi. Next to the church (mosque) was built minaret.
In the mosque he kept the sword of the Turkish dervish. (Dervish climb the tower and called the faithful to prayer with the phrase:. "There is one God and Mohammed is his prophet" After that, the monastery was converted into a mosque.) The sword was considered sacred. He was credited with magical healing properties. The sword was kept in the mosque until 1923. In 1928, the mosque was converted to the Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas.
Church history is reflected in his appearance. On one side of the building is the bell tower, located on the other minaret. Bell tower and minaret exist peacefully next to each other.
Address: Rousou Vourdoumpa Chania, Crete, Greece.