While vaccinations in the United States are progressing well, travel enthusiasts and the travel industry are becoming more optimistic. Travelers waited a long time for the message that Fully vaccinated Americans can travel safely again.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated recently its guidance to say that fully vaccinated people can travel within the U.S. without getting tested for the coronavirus or going into quarantine afterward.
Before the pandemic, many of us did not even realize how important the ability to travel and freedom of movement are for us.
Long-term restrictions have forced many of us to reconsider our habits. We (travel lovers) have been waiting for when we can travel again. More than half of Americans plan to travel this year, according to many opinion polls. It is likely that there will be even more travelers than before the pandemic.
On some days, the number of people passing through security systems at US airports has already surpassed last year's figures (according to the Transportation Security Administration, TSA).
Where will Americans travel this (and next) year? The preferences of potential tourists are very different and different destinations will be in demand.
Experts see the trends in tourism development.
- Domestic travel will remain a priority this year. Moreover, the USA has almost everything that tourists need for a good vacation.
- The most popular foreign destinations will be the nearest countries (for example, Mexico, Dominican Republic).
- Some European countries will also enjoy some popularity. Most likely, Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Spain will be available for travelers.
- There is a tendency for many tourists to keep their distance from large crowds.
- Choose small hotels instead of large ones.
- Stay in separate houses instead of hotels.
- Travel by car (or rent a motorhome) where possible.
- Visit remote places and national parks instead of megacities.
Many Americans now believe that travel is more important in their lives than it did before the pandemic. They intend to travel as often as possible.
In turn, we can say, book your summer travel now (or pay more).
Remember to comply with all restrictions and recommendations (protective masks, social distance, etc.). Watch for possible new and local restrictions.