Despite its relatively small size, the clock tower is one of the most significant buildings on the “Piazza San Marco” square in Venice. The building is clearly visible from the water, from sailing on the Grand Canal ships. It was evidence of the wealth of Venice. The central part of the tower was built between the 1496 and 1499 years by the architect Mauro Codussi (two side wings of the building were built later). Until now the building immediately attracts the attention of tourists on San Marco square.
You are here
Join our Facebook Travel group to follow the news, discuss topics and publish comments. Due to the increased activity of spammers, comments publication is temporarily suspended (for unregistered users). #visitplus #visit_plus.
- Discount on flights 1 day 9 hours ago
- Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey or maybe ... 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Good news for US travel lovers 3 weeks 5 days ago
- Spain may be the last and first this summer 1 month 2 days ago
- Italy opens for tourists 1 month 4 days ago
- Find the right place to stay in Venice 12 months 3 hours ago
- Find the right place to stay 1 year 6 months ago
- Find and book a place to stay 1 year 9 months ago
- Accomodation - FIFA World Cup 2018 2 years 1 month ago
- Are you planning to visit the Venice Carnival? Do not be late! 2 years 2 months ago