Despite its relatively small size, the clock tower is one of the most significant buildings on the “Piazza San Marco” square in Venice. The building is clearly visible from the water, from sailing on the Grand Canal ships. It was evidence of the wealth of Venice. The central part of the tower was built between the 1496 and 1499 years by the architect Mauro Codussi (two side wings of the building were built later). Until now the building immediately attracts the attention of tourists on San Marco square.
You are here
Join our Facebook Travel group to follow the news, discuss topics and publish comments. Due to the increased activity of spammers, comments publication is temporarily suspended (for unregistered users). #visitplus #visit_plus.
- Black Friday for travelers is already underway 3 months 1 week ago
- SpaceX Crew 1 rocket launch viewin 3 months 3 weeks ago
- Would you like to get a discount on travel accommodation? 7 months 5 days ago
- Book your holiday home in advance in Spain. Do not be late! 7 months 3 weeks ago
- Rent a motorhome and go on a journey 2 weeks 6 days ago
- About compensation for flights canceled due to the COVID-19 7 months 4 weeks ago
- Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey or maybe ... 8 months 2 weeks ago
- Good news for US travel lovers 8 months 4 weeks ago
- Spain may be the last and first this summer 9 months 4 days ago
- Italy opens for tourists 9 months 1 week ago