Location of interesting for tourists places is shown on the map of Helsinki: attractions, hotels and shops.
On the map of Helsinki you can see location of the most popular tourist places.
On the interactive map you can:
- Manage the scale with a ruler on the left side of the map (zoom in, zoom out, view a map on a large scale).
- Select the desired category from the menu below the map.
- See desired location (facility) image from space (menu in right upper corner of the map).
- Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma is one of the most popular with by locals and tourists places in Helsinki. Kiasma includes Finnish and international contemporary art collections.
- Ateneum Art Museum is the largest art museum in Helsinki.
- The National Museum of Finland contains Finland history items. Museum presents Finnish history from the Stone Age to the present day.
- Museum of Design. Finnish design and Finnish designers are well known all over the world. Here you can discover the history and patterns of Finnish design.
- Merchant Sederholm house (a branch of the city museum). The oldest stone building in the center of Helsinki on Senate Square.
- Senate Square. The Senate Square is the center of Helsinki. Senate Square of Helsinki is one of the main tourist attractions of Helsinki. Various art happenings have been set up on the Senate Square.
- Helsinki Cathedral. Picture of this big, white building is a symbol of Helsinki. On the steps near the cathedral like to spend their spare time youngsters. At the Senate Square often are held various events.
- Assumption Cathedral. Uspenski Orthodox Cathedral is located on the nice place near the shore of the bay.
- Fountain and sculpture Havis Amanda. Perhaps it is the most famous sculpture in Helsinki.
- Esplanade Park is a favorite spot of locals in summer days.
- Sibelius Park. Here, at the monument to Sibelius, often lead groups of tourists.
- “Temppeliaukion Kirkko” church is more commonly known as the “Church in the rock”. This is the world famous Finnish architects work.
- “Helsinki Zoo” and an amusement park “Linnanmaki” are popular place with children and their parents.
- “Serena” Water Park has long enjoyed a special love for tourists from Russia in the winter.
- Suomenlinna Museum Island is proposed to visit as an important tourist attraction.
- Market Square in Helsinki. Here are held various events for tourists and locals. Hence the boats depart to the island of Suomenlinna and to the Helsinki Zoo. "Silja Line" and "Viking Line" ferries serves located near ferry terminals.
Other places in Helsinki
- Helsinki Airport is located in the northern part of the city. Airport location is marked on the map.
- Helsinki Central railway station. Helsinki Central railway station is a focal point of public transport in the Great Helsinki area. The station serves approximately 200,000 passengers per day, making it Finland's most-visited building. The station also hosts the “Rautatientori” metro station, which is the busiest station of the Helsinki Metro. There are many places of interest, museums, shopping center, the city theater and a casino nearby from the station.
- The University of Helsinki is located next to the Cathedral, on the Senate Square.
- “Olympic Stadium” and sports and concert center “Hartwall Arena”. “Hartwall Arena” hosts concerts and sporting events (fans come here to hockey competitions). Nearest hotels: Sokos Hotel Pasila, Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Centre - Messukeskus.
- Exhibition Centre of Helsinki. Here throughout the year are helds many interesting exhibitions and conferences for the general public and professionals.
- Shopping center ITIS (Itakeskus).
- Shopping center SELO (village).
- Shopping center JUMBO (Jumbo).
- Shopping center ISO OMENA (Iso Omena).
- Shopping center COLUMBUS (Columbus).
- Shopping centers KAMPPI and FORUM (Kamppi, Forum