Moscow Domodedovo Airport is the second busiest airport of Russia in terms of passenger traffic. It is one of the twenty largest airports in Europe. The airport is located about 45 kilometers to south of the center of Moscow (the Kremlin and Red Square). The distance from the airport to the Moscow Ring Road (MKAD) is approximately 20 kilometers. According to statistics, the airport handled 30.5 million passengers in 2015.
It is possible to get to the Domodedovo airport (to Moscow from Domodedovo) by various modes of transport.
- The bus №308 runs to the airport from the "Domodedovskaya" metro station (Zamoskvoretskaya metro line). The journey takes about 30 minutes. (The ticket price is 100 rubles in 2016.)
- Suburban train runs between the Paveletskaya Station in Moscow and the airport (except for the night). The journey takes about 1.5 hours. Electric train makes stops at stations located near the metro stations Tulskaya, Nagatinskaya and Varshavskaya.
- Aeroexpress (high speed train) runs between Paveletskaya Station (Paveletskaya metro station) and Domodedovo Airport. The journey takes about 50 minutes. High speed trains run during the day (approximately between 06:00 and 00:00). The ticket price is up from 470 rubles (2016).
- To get to the airport by car, you need to drive from Moscow along the Kashirskoe highway, then the highway A105.
82 airlines from around the world operate regular flights to Domodedovo. Largest Russian and foreign air carriers are the airport partners. Domodedovo Airport has two independent runways. The third runway construction is planned.
Cargo Terminal of Domodedovo airport is one largest international air cargo terminal in Russia. The terminal is handling more than 140 000 tons of cargo every year.
Domodedovo airport passenger terminal is located between the two runways. The terminal has an area about 135 thousand square meters. On the ground floor, there is a check-points, shops, coffee shop, waiting room, hall of departure and arrival, access to the Aeroexpress train station. The expansion of the terminal building is underway.
Official website of Domodedovo International Airport: www.domodedovo.ru
- 👉 Book a transfer (taxi 🚕) from Domodedevo Airport to the center of Moscow.
- 👉 Find flights to (from) Moscow easily and quickly at the best price.
- 👉 Book your hotel in a convenient location in Moscow online.
Information for tourists and passengers
Hotels nearest Domodedovo airport:
- Aerotel Domodedovo. Address: Domodedovo airport territory, 6, Domodedovo, Russia.
- Ramada Moscow Domodedovo hotel. Address: Ilyushina Street, 1B, Domodedovo, Russia.
The nearest large shopping center Vegas located at the intersection of Ring Road and Kashirskoe Shosse, approximately 22 kilometers from the airport.
Tourists need to get to the nearest metro station, to get to the sights, museums and popular tourist spots in Moscow from Domodedovo airport. For example, the metro station "Paveletskaya" can be reached by train. The bus is the best way to get to Domodedovskaya metro station from the airport.
The nearest metro station for popular tourist sites in Moscow:
- Kremlin, Red Square, Historical Museum. Metro stations Ploshad Revolutsii, Okhotny Ryad, the Lenin Library.
- Arbat pedestrian street. Arbaskaya metro station.
- Tretyakov Gallery. Tretyakovskaya metro station.
Find out more about of Moscow attractions and the nearest to it underground stations.
The airport location is shown on the map at the bottom of the page.