Metro station “Admiralteiskaya” (Адмиралтейская) is one of the most important for tourists’ metro stations in St. Petersburg. The station is located near to the most famous tourist places of St. Petersburg. It is the nearest metro station to such city attractions as the Winter Palace (Hermitage Museum), St. Isaac's Cathedral, the “Bronze Horseman” monument.
Nevsky Prospect street is at a distance about 80 meters from the station. The distance to the “Palace Square” is about 300 meters (to the north). Many interesting tourist spots are situated within walking distance from the station.
The metro station is located on “Frunzensko-Primorskaya” subway line (line 5, purple line), between stations “Sadovaya” and “Sportivnaja”. The station was opened December 28, 2011. Metro station “Admiralteiskaya” ground lobby is located on the first floor of a house, at the “Kirpichny pereulok” and “Malaya Morskaya” streets corner.
Underground hall of metro station is located at a depth about 86 meters under ground level. It is the deepest metro station in Russia (2014). By reason of the great depth, the station has two flights of escalators with intermediate underground hall.
"Admiralteyskaya" metro station is one of the most important for tourists’ underground stations.
Admiralteiskaya station is the nearest metro station for places:
- Palace Square - the main square of the city.
- Hermitage Museum. The Hermitage Museum is located in the Winter Palace. It is one of the most famous museums in Russia.
- St. Isaac's Cathedral. It is one of the most famous and most beautiful cathedrals in Saint Petersburg. There is a viewing platform for tourists near the dome of the cathedral.
- The “Bronze Horseman”. It is the most famous monument to Peter the Great in Russia. The monument is located next to St. Isaac's Cathedral, near the Neva River.
- Admiralty. Admiralty building is located next to the palace square. You will see the Admiralty gilded spire, when you walk to the Palace Square along the Nevsky Prospect. Located on the spire of the Admiralty Ship image is one of the symbols of the city.
- Hermitage Theatre. Opera and ballet performances are often held in this small theater.
- Hotel Astoria. It is one of the most famous hotels in the city.
- Four Seasons Hotel Lion Palace. It is one of the most luxurious hotels in Petersburg.
You can find out the stations and lines location on the map.
For more information on travelling via the Saint Petersburg metro, please visit the VISIT-PLUS St. Petersburg metro page.
The Metro station location map.