Metro station "Gorkovskaya" (Горьковская) is located on the right bank of the Neva River, in the historic center of the city. Near to the station are located many cultural, historical and interesting objects. Metro station "Gorkovskaya" is located on the Moscowsko-Petrogradskaya line (line 2, blue line) between the stations "Nevsky Prospect" and "Petrogradskaya". Metro station lobby is located on the “Petrogradskaya storona” city district, in the “Alexandrovsky” park, near the a crossroads of streets “Kronverksky prospect” and “Kamennoostrovsky prospect”.
Metro Station “Gorkovskaya” was opened July 1, 1963. Station is located at depth about 53 meters. The current station pavilion was built in 2009. It is circular in plan, single-storey building of modern style.
Station decoration devoted to the writer Maxim Gorky, who at one time lived near this place. At the end wall of the underground hall of the station is a portrait of the writer.
There are some places of interest, located near the metro station "Gorkovskaya" in Saint Petersburg:
- Peter and Paul Fortress. Peter and Paul Fortress is the historic center of the city. Fortress construction beginning day is considered as the day of St. Petersburg. The fortress is in possession of the Museum of History of St. Petersburg.
- Petersburg Zoo. The zoo is one of the places that like to visit not only tourists but also locals.
- Museum of Artillery. Museum of Artillery, Engineer and Signal Corps is located next to the Peter and Paul fortress. In the courtyard of the museum is a lot of artillery and military equipment.
- House of Peter. Cabin of Peter the Great is the first building, which was built in St. Petersburg. It has survived until now. Cabin of Peter the Great is a branch of the Russian Museum.
- Cruiser Aurora. Cruiser Aurora is located within walking distance from the metro station “Gorkovskaya”. Cruiser is a branch of the Central Naval Museum of Russia.
- “Baltic House” theatre. Theatre is one of the most famous theaters of St. Petersburg.
- St. Petersburg Music Hall. In the Music Hall started his career many famous Russian pop stars.
- Mosque. Mosque in St. Petersburg is not only an important place for Muslims, but also a beautiful building, which adorns the city.
Go to St. Petersburg metro map.
For more information on travelling via the Saint Petersburg metro, please visit the VISIT-PLUS St. Petersburg metro page.