Metro station “Universitet” (Университет, University) is located on the south-western part of Moscow, at a distance about 8.5 kilometers from city center (Kremlin, Red Square). The station is located near the intersection of “Prospect Vernardskogo” and “Lomonosovsky prospect” streets. The metro station “Universitet” is Moscow metro “Sokolnicheskaya” line station (line 1, red line). It is situated between the stations “Vorob’yovy Gory” and “Prospekt Vernadskogo” metro stations. “Moscow State University” is located near to the station.
Moscow metro station “Universitet” has two ground lobbies, which are located on both sides of “Vernadsky Prospekt” street (at the intersection with the Lomonosovsky prospect).
Northern vestibule has exit to the “Jawaharlal Nehru” square, the southern vestibule situated on the other side of the “Vernadsky Prospekt” street.
In the southern station vestibule is located the Moscow Metro forgotten things warehouse. Here for three months are stored things, forgotten at the stations, vestibules and in the trains of the Moscow Metro.
There are some places of interest, located near the metro station “Universitet” in Moscow:
- Moscow State University (distance from the station is approximately 1 kilometer).
- “Capitol” shopping center (a distance about 450 meters).
- “Vorob’yovy Gory” hills (distance about 2 kilometers).
- Hotel "Le Ton" on Vernadsky Prospekt (Address: 14 Krupskaya str 1, Moscow, Russia).
- "Apartments at the University." Address: Panferova 4 street, Moscow, Russia.