Metro Station Chkalovskaya in St. Petersburg is located in the Petrograd district of the city, at the intersection of Bolshaya Zelenina street and Chkalovsky Avenue. The station is located at a distance about 2.7 kilometers from the Palace Square to north-west. The distance from the metro station to the Peter and Paul Fortress is about 1.5 kilometers.
Chkalovskaya metro station (станция метро Чкаловская) is located on Frunzensko-Primorskaya line (line 5, purple line) of the Saint Petersburg subway between stations "Sportivnaya" and "Krestovsky Ostrov".
The station was opened September 15, 1997. The station is located next to the Chkalovsky Prospect street. This explains the choice of the station name.
The station ground pavilion is located in a separate building at the intersection of Bolshaya Zelenina Street and Chkalovsky Avenue. In the design of the stations hall was used the aviation theme. At the entrance to the station is located a bust of Chkalov. (Valery Chkalov, the famous pilot, Hero of the Soviet Union.)
Near the metro station Chkalovskaya in St. Petersburg are located:
- Military Space Academy named after AF Mozhaisky. Address: Zhdanovskaya Street, 13, St. Petersburg.
- Nevsky Institute of Language and Culture. Address: Bolshaya Raznochinnaya Street, 27, St. Petersburg.
- Knitting factory "Krasnoye Znamya". Address: Krasnogo Kursanta street, 25, St. Petersburg.
- Hotel «VPiterVdrug Studios and Apartment». Address: Bolshaya Zelenina, 8, St. Petersburg.
- Hotel «Eurasia Hotel». Address: Street Gatchinskaya 5, St. Petersburg, Russia.
Metro station location on the city map.