Do you plan to visit Finland in the near future? VISIT-PLUS.COM has gathered for you information about some of the most interesting events of this summer in various cities of Finland. In fact, in almost every city in the summer, something interesting happens almost every weekend in the summer.
Popular summer festivals in Finland:
- June 8 - 10, 2023. Rockfest. The festival will be held at Hyvinkää airport.
- June 12, 2023. Helsinki Day. On this day, various events are usually held in the central part of the city. Some museums may work for free. Learn more ....
- June --, 2023. Hanko Sommarfest. The Hanko Sommarfest festival will be held for the first time in Hanko in the summer of 2022. The festival will feature popular Finland and foreign artists.
- June 29 - July 2, 2023 (Thu Sat 12-12pm and Sun 12-20pm). Medieval markets in Turku. You will see how ancient beer is brewed or the shoemaker works with the skin. Test your chivalrous skills. The event is held at Vanha Suurtori Square.
- July 7, 2023. Puistoblues. Puistoblues is an annual blues festival in Järvenpää. Based on the total number of visitors, it is the fourth largest festival in Finland.
- July 7 - 9, 2023. Ruisrock Festival in Turku. This is one of Finland's leading and oldest cultural events.
- July 1-30, 2023. Savonlinna Opera Festival. The festival is held in a beautiful medieval knight's castle Olavinlinna.
- July 07 - 15, 2023. Pori Jazz. Pori Jazz is one of the oldest rhythm music festivals in Europe.
- July 14 - 16, 2023. Ilosaarirock Festival. Joensuu.
- 21-29 July 2023. Rockoff Festival. Rockoff is the biggest event in Åland. The festival is held at Mariehamn Market Square. (Torget is Mariehamn's central square).
- July 25 - 29, 2023. Kotka Maritime Festival. This is the second most visited festival in Finland. The event officially opens with a large parade, which is usually held on Thursday at 18.00. Learn more about Kotka Maritime Festival.
- July 25-29, 2023. Black and White Theater Festival. Imatra.
- July --, 2024. Hamina Tattoo (festival of military bands).
- July 28-29, 2023. The Qstock Festival will be held on the last weekend of July in the Kuusisaari and Raati Island areas of Oulu.
- 02-06 August 2023. Elojazz is an Oulu-based jazz and rhythm music festival. Elojazz is part of the Oulu Festival.
- August 3 - 6, 2023. Secto Automotive Rally Finland. Finnish Rally (Neste Rally). The rally is a race in the World Rally Championship in Jyväskylä, Finland. Jyväskylä is the host city of the event.
- August 4 - 5, 2023. Åland Sea Jaz. Åland Sea Jazz is held in the historic Maritime Quarter of Mariehamn and Alandica Kultur och Kongress.
- August 11–13, 2023. Flow Festival. Flow Festival is music and arts boutique festival, which is held in the summer in the capital of Finland, Helsinki.
- August 17 - September 3, 2023. Helsinki city Festivals.
If you can recommend interesting events to visit, share information in our group on social networks.
Helsinki Day. Helsinki Day is held every year on June 12 in honor of the City of Helsinki. The Helsinki Day program has been provided by the city's units and various associations and companies.
Kotka Maritime festival. Kotka Maritime Days is Finland's second largest festival event. The event will officially start on Thursday at the opening parade starting at 6 pm, which will run along Kotuskansaari along Keskuskatu. Read more: Kotka city.
Pori Jazz festival. Pori Jazz is a large international jazz festival, held annually during the month of July in the coastal city of Pori. It is one of the oldest and best known jazz festivals in Europe, having been arranged every year since 1966. Pori is located about 140 kilometres (87 mi) north of Turku and 241 kilometres (150 mi) north-west of Helsinki. The Pori region is a very popular summer holiday destination in Finland.
Savonlinna Opera Festival. Savonlinna Opera Festival is held annually in a very beautiful place, in a medieval castle, which is located on a small island on Lake Saimaa in the city of Savonlinna in Finland. The castle is located amid spectacular lake scenery. We recommend visiting (if not the festival, then the Lake District of Finland).
Rockfest. Rockfest is a festival focusing on rock and metal music, which was organized for the first time in June 2017. In 2023, Rockfest will be held at Hyvinkää Airport. (It is 60 kilometers from the center of Helsinki.)
Flow Festival. It is "urban boutique city festival". At Flow Festival is presented a varied selection of music, from rock to soul and jazz and from folk to contemporary club sounds. Flow Festival festival area is located in a former energy production area Suvilahti, nearby the centre of Helsinki, at a distance of about 2.7 kilometers from the Market Square (on foot).