Do you plan to visit Finland in the near future? VISIT-PLUS.COM has gathered for you information about some of the most interesting events of this summer in various cities of Finland. In fact, in almost every city in the summer, something interesting happens almost every weekend in the summer.
We do not know what events will take place, be canceled or rescheduled (in connection with COVID-19). Check yourself on the official sites. You can find some information here.
Popular summer festivals in Finland:
- 2 - 4. June 2022. Rockfest. The festival will be held in Tampere, in the town of Särkänniemi on the shores of Lake Näsijärvi. Tampere.
- June 12, 2022. Helsinki Day. On this day, various events are usually held in the central part of the city. Some museums may work for free. Learn more ....
- July 12-23, 2022. Black and White Theater Festival. Imatra.
- 16.-18. June 2022. Hanko Sommarfest. The Hanko Sommarfest festival will be held for the first time in Hanko in the summer of 2022. The festival will feature popular Finland and foreign artists.
- June 20 - July 3, 2022 (Thu Sat 12-12pm and Sun 12-20pm). Medieval markets in Turku. You will see how ancient beer is brewed or the shoemaker works with the skin. Test your chivalrous skills. The event is held at Vanha Suurtori Square.
- 02.07.2022 Puistoblues. Puistoblues is an annual blues festival in Järvenpää. Based on the total number of visitors, it is the fourth largest festival in Finland.
- 8 - 10. July 2022. Ruisrock Festival in Turku. This is one of Finland's leading and oldest cultural events.
- July 1-31, 2022. Savonlinna Opera Festival. The festival is held in a beautiful medieval knight's castle Olavinlinna.
- 15 - 17 July 2022. Ilosaarirock Festival. Joensuu.
- July 08 - 16, 2022. Pori Jazz. Pori Jazz is one of the oldest rhythm music festivals in Europe.
- 22-23 July 2022. Rockoff Festival. Rockoff is the biggest event in Åland. The festival is held at Mariehamn Market Square. (Torget is Mariehamn's central square).
- 27.07.2022 - 30.07.2020 Kotka Maritime Festival. This is the second most visited festival in Finland. The event officially opens with a large parade, which is usually held on Thursday at 18.00. Learn more about Kotka Maritime Festival.
- 11. -16. July 2022. Hamina Tattoo (festival of military bands).
- July 29-30, 2022. The Qstock Festival will be held on the last weekend of July in the Kuusisaari and Raati Island areas of Oulu.
- 04-06 August 2022. Elojazz is an Oulu-based jazz and rhythm music festival. Elojazz is part of the Oulu Festival.
- 4-7 August 2022. Secto Automotive Rally Finland. Finnish Rally (Neste Rally). The rally is a race in the World Rally Championship in Jyväskylä, Finland. Jyväskylä is the host city of the event.
- 5-6 August 2022. Åland Sea Jaz. Åland Sea Jazz is held in the historic Maritime Quarter of Mariehamn and Alandica Kultur och Kongress.
- August 12–14, 2022. Flow Festival. Flow Festival is music and arts boutique festival, which is held in the summer in the capital of Finland, Helsinki.
- August 18 - September 4, 2022. Helsinki city Festivals.
If you can recommend interesting events to visit, share information in our group on social networks.
Helsinki Day. Helsinki Day is held every year on June 12 in honor of the City of Helsinki. The Helsinki Day program has been provided by the city's units and various associations and companies.
Kotka Maritime festival. Kotka Maritime Days is Finland's second largest festival event. The event will officially start on Thursday at the opening parade starting at 6 pm, which will run along Kotuskansaari along Keskuskatu. Read more: Kotka city.
Flow Festival. It is "urban boutique city festival". At Flow Festival is presented a varied selection of music, from rock to soul and jazz and from folk to contemporary club sounds. Flow Festival festival area is located in a former energy production area Suvilahti, nearby the centre of Helsinki, at a distance of about 2.7 kilometers from the Market Square (on foot).