Fully vaccinated travellers from many countries can plan their vacation trip to Thailand this winter. In Thailand, it is planned to abolish the quarantine for tourists from 46, the most prosperous (with respect to COVID) countries. In the preliminary list, for example, USA, Australia, UK, Germany, Finland, China, United Arab Emirates.
(Changes in the rules and in the list of countries are possible, very likely and expected.)
What should be done for tourists planning to visit Thailand this winter?
- Tourist must have been in the approved countries for 21 days or more (transit through them only is not possible).
- Complete a full course of vaccination with an approved vaccine.
- Get a negative result for a PCR test, which must be completed 48 hours before the trip.
- In Thailand, travel directly by the approved airport transfer to the pre-arranged COVID-19 test centre, or the reserved accommodation.
- Undergo the second required RT-PCR COVID-19 test.
- Travellers must download and install the specified alert application (MorChana), and must wait within the accommodation only for the test result.
You will be taken to the hotel, where you must wait for an answer. This is expected to take no more than five hours.
After confirming the second negative test result, tourists can move around Thailand without restrictions (like the local population).
Tourist must have a payment confirmation for no less than a 1-night stay upon arrival at the approved quarantine facilities. (The prepayment should cover both the 1-night accommodation, the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test, and an Antigen Test Kit (ATK))
Tourist must have an insurance policy, with coverage clearly identified as no less than US$50,000, which should cover the cost of the treatment and other medical expenses associated with being infected with COVID-19.
For returning Thais and foreign residents, it is not necessary to be in an approved country for 21 days or more, as long as they are travelling from Thailand to the approved country/s and return within the last 21 days.
As of the end of October 2021, many countries are not on this list, but we hope that the list of favorable countries will expand.
Tourists from many other countries can also spend their winter holidays in Thailand. For this, Phuket SandBox and Samui Plus programs have been developed. But these programs significantly limit the freedom of travel enthusiasts.
- Tourism is very important to Thailand and relaxation of restrictions can be very beneficial for the economy.
- Thailand is a very interesting country for tourists and a popular destination for winter vacations.
List of Countries
List of Countries/Territories according to the Notification of the Operation Centre for Measures on the Entry into and Departure from the Kingdom of Thailand, and Protection of Thai Nationals Abroad dated 21 October, 2021:
- Brunei Darussalam.
- Czech Republic.
- New Zealand.
- Saudi Arabia.
- South Korea.
- United Arab Emirates.
- United Kingdom.
- United States.
- Hong Kong.
Changes are possible and expected.
See also where else to go on vacation in winter.