International tourism intensified in the Dominican Republic at the end of the year. Many vacationers arrived in the Dominican Republic in November, and December was a record month for tourism.
Preliminary statistics of tourism in the Dominican Republic for 2021 have been published.
- 4.44 million foreign passengers arrived via airports in the Dominican Republic. (2.12 million passengers were in 2020.)
- December was a record month for the number of foreign passengers (637 thousand passengers).
- Punta Cana Airport received the most foreign passengers.
- Most of the passengers arrived from America (USA, Canada, etc.) - 3.38 million passengers.
- Just over one million passengers arrived from Europe.
- Most of the passengers arrived with Jet Blue, American Airlines and Delta Airlines.
The winter tourist season in the Dominican Republic is in full swing. You can still do it: scuba diving, surfing, seeing whales, or just lying on the beach under the warm southern sun.