Peter and Paul Fortress is one of the most famous sights of St. Petersburg. This is one of the most visited places in the city. Peter and Paul Fortress is the place from which the city construction began. It is the historic city center.
You are here
St. Petersburg attractions overview
Saint Petersburg attractions and sights. Travel guide.
The Palace Square (Дворцовая площадь) is the main square of Saint Petersburg. Some of the famous city attractions are located here. The most famous museum of St. Petersburg is located on the Palace Square - the Hermitage. Various events for public are often held here.
St. Isaac's Cathedral is one of the most famous sights of St. Petersburg. A silhouette of Cathedral is well recognizableand can be considered as one of the symbols of the city. Its large, gold-plated dome is visible from many places of St. Petersburg.
The Church of Our Savior on the Spilled Blood (Спас на Крови, Church on Spilled Blood) is one of the most famous sights of St. Petersburg. It was built on the site where an attempt on the emperor’s life in St.
Oranienbaum is a large park (palace and park ensemble), which is located near St. Petersburg, on the western outskirts of the Lomonosov town. The park is located on the southern shore of the Gulf of Finland, to the west of St. Petersburg. Oranienbaum is located at a distance approximately 9 kilometers from the Peterhof. The distance from the Palace Square in a straight line is about 31 kilometers. Metro Station “Prospekt Veteranov” is located approximately at a distance 28 kilometers from the park.
Business Center "Lakhta Center" is being under construction business center in St. Petersburg. The main building of Lakhta Center will be a skyscraper, a tower with a maximum height of 462 meters. It will be the tallest building in St. Petersburg, in Russia and in Europe. Lakhta Center will be one of St. Petersburg attractions.
New Holland is a small island in the Admiralty district of St. Petersburg. It is surrounded on three sides by the Moika River, Kryukov and Admiralty channels. Walking along the embankment of the river Moika, near building number 106, you will surely notice the imposing arch. Arch of “New Holland” island cannot be unnoticed.
The Moika Palace or Yusupov Palace (Юсуповский дворец) is one of the most famous tourist attractions of St. Petersburg. Many wealthy and influential people lived in St. Petersburg. There are saved many palaces they owned.
- Black Friday for travelers is already underway 2 years 2 weeks ago
- Would you like to get a discount on travel accommodation? 2 years 4 months ago
- Book your holiday home in advance in Spain. Do not be late! 1 year 4 months ago
- Rent a motorhome and go on a journey 1 year 9 months ago
- About compensation for flights canceled due to the COVID-19 2 years 5 months ago
- Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey or maybe ... 2 years 5 months ago
- Good news for US travel lovers 2 years 6 months ago
- Spain may be the last and first this summer 2 years 6 months ago
- Italy opens for tourists 2 years 6 months ago
- Find the right place to stay 3 years 11 months ago