Stockholm is the most famous tourist and business center of northern Europe. The city has a rich history and interesting cultural activities at present. Thousands of visiting the city tourists and business peoples are using Stockholm hotels every day. Overnight stays in hotels in Stockholm increases each year.
You are here
Stockholm is a popular tourist city in Scandinavia.
You definitely need to walk along the streets of the Old Town and the embankments of Stockholm yourself. But, if you have enough free time, then it would be nice to buy one of the guided tours. A professional guide will tell you a lot of interesting things about the city, show you the most beautiful places and tell you where you can take beautiful photos.
There are many interesting events held in Stockholm every year, every month, every weekend. The most interesting for tourist’s events are represented on this page. It may be useful to know before planning a trip to Sweden.
Free walking tours
There are free walking tours in Stockholm in English.
It is possible to find the location and a brief description of many popular with tourists places on the map of Stockholm. Choose the desired category at the bottom of the map. (Example: landmarks, theaters, museums, airport, cruise port, hotel etc.).
Old Town, Gamla Stan is the historical center of Stockholm. Gamla Stan is located on the island Stadskholmen and has an area of 36 hectares. This is an important tourist center of Stockholm, which is visited by all tourists visiting the city.
On the photo: view of the old city.
Stockholm international congresses and exhibitions center (Stockholm International Fairs, Stockholmsmässan) is one of the leading venues for exhibitions in the Baltic Sea region. About 60 exhibits and a large number of congresses, conferences and meetings held here each year. About 1.5 million people each year visit the congress and exhibitions here. At various events (exhibitions, congresses) are involved up to 100 thousand enterprises. Around 8,000 journalists from around the world annually visit this center.
Stockholm is one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Northern Europe. It is located in a beautiful area between the lake and the sea. There is a lot of water, islands, embankments. Sweden and Stockholm have a rich history and had a significant impact on the development of Europe in the past and (perhaps) this can explain the beauty of architecture and the wealth of museums. A large number of attractions, museums and a rich cultural life attract tourists from different countries here.
- Black Friday for travelers is already underway 2 years 2 months ago
- Would you like to get a discount on travel accommodation? 2 years 6 months ago
- Book your holiday home in advance in Spain. Do not be late! 1 year 6 months ago
- Rent a motorhome and go on a journey 1 year 11 months ago
- About compensation for flights canceled due to the COVID-19 2 years 7 months ago
- Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey or maybe ... 2 years 7 months ago
- Good news for US travel lovers 2 years 8 months ago
- Spain may be the last and first this summer 2 years 8 months ago
- Italy opens for tourists 2 years 8 months ago
- Find the right place to stay 4 years 1 month ago