Guided tour in New York - to buy or not? If you have a very limited budget for your trip, you can study the information available in guidebooks and visit the most interesting places in New York on your own. But if you have at least some opportunity to buy a professional guide services, then you certainly should go on one or several excursions. Most guided tours are held in Manhattan, but you can also book trips to neighboring counties or even a tour to Niagara Falls.
Even if you have to save, some of the presented here online services may be useful to you. We recommend that you consider purchasing a New York Pass card or a day ticket for the Hop on hop off bus.
The “Hop on hop off” bus follows the circle route. You can get to the place you need, get off the bus, visit the place you are interested in and continue the trip to the next place on the bus. The ticket is valid 24 hours from the time of purchase. There are about 30 stops on a route (Central Park, Times Square, Empire State Building).
The New York Pass card allows you to save money, but only if you plan to visit many places of interest and museums during your stay in New York.
You can buy tickets for the tourist bus right in New York (sometimes there are discounts when you buy online).
It is better to book tours in advance, if the number of tickets is limited.
Among the most popular tours are:
- Full tour of Manhattan with a visit to the Empire State Building and Liberty Island (Statue of Liberty).
- New York Night Tour with a visit to Times Square. (Manhattan nightlife is a truly fascinating sight.)
- Photoshoot. You need to know the city well and have good equipment to make really good photos.
Sightseeing tours for group are the most affordable, but they are quite expensive compared to tours in European cities.
Those who can afford it, order really unique tours.
This could be a helicopter tour above New York and Manhattan. You can make truly unique photos from a helicopter. Romantic flights are also offered for couples in love.
A trip to Niagara Falls.
- This could be a personal air travel with a plane trip to a city north of the country.
- Group bus tours to Niagara Falls are also offered (a Canadian visa may be needed).