Helsinki airport is located in the city of Vantaa (a suburb of Helsinki), at a distance about 17 kilometers north of the center of the city centre. It is the only international airport in Helsinki and the largest (in terms of passengers) in Finland. More than 90% of international flights of Finland pass through the Helsinki-Vantaa airport.
You are here
Helsinki city guide . Attractions, museums and places to visit in Helsinki.
There are many places for shopping in Helsinki. There are several large shopping centers where you can buy everything necessary, and many small shops and boutiques, which may be interesting for tourists. The most famous shopping streets of the central part of Helsinki are: Mannerheimintie, Aleksanterinkatu, Pohjoisesplanaadi, Eteläesplanadi, Korkeavuorenkatu, Fredrikinkatu, Bulevardi.
Location of interesting for tourists places is shown on the map of Helsinki: attractions, hotels and shops.
Helsinki is the most visited by tourist’s city in Finland. According to border guards, about 4.9 million arrived in Finland foreign tourists pointed out visit to Helsinki as the purpose of there trip in 2015. (A total number of tourists was 7.4 million people in Finland in 2015.) Approximately 13% of them were Russian citizens. According to statistics, most of the tourists visited the amusement park Linnanmäki, Helsinki Zoo, Suomenlinna Fortress, museums and attractions.
Sokos Hotel “Flamingo” is suitable for tourists and for people traveling on business purpose. It is place for accommodation, recreation, entertainment and business meetings.
Join our Facebook Travel group to follow the news, discuss topics and publish comments. Due to the increased activity of spammers, comments publication is temporarily suspended (for unregistered users). #visitplus #visit_plus.
- About compensation for flights canceled due to the COVID-19 9 hours 35 min ago
- Spain, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey or maybe ... 2 weeks 6 days ago
- Good news for US travel lovers 1 month 21 hours ago
- Spain may be the last and first this summer 1 month 6 days ago
- Italy opens for tourists 1 month 1 week ago
- Find the right place to stay in Venice 12 months 4 days ago
- Find the right place to stay 1 year 6 months ago
- Find and book a place to stay 1 year 10 months ago
- Accomodation - FIFA World Cup 2018 2 years 1 month ago
- Are you planning to visit the Venice Carnival? Do not be late! 2 years 2 months ago