The metro station Cherkizovskaya in Moscow (Станция метро Черкизовская) is located in the northeastern part of the city, approximately 10 kilometers from the city center. The MKAD (Moscow Ring Road) is located at a distance about 6 kilometers from metro station. Cherkizovskaya station located near the intersection of streets Bolshaya Cherkizovskaya and Okruzhnoy Proyezd.
Cherkizovskaya station is located on Sokolnicheskaya line of the Moscow Metro (line 1, red line) between stations "Bulvar Rokossovskogo" and " Preobrazhenskaya Ploschad".
The station was opened on 1 August 1990. Cherkizovo village was located on this area until 1917 (became part of the city). This explains the choice of the station name.
The station has two lobbies. South hall is located next to Bolshaya Cherkizovskaya Street. The second lobby is located at the northern exit from the Lokomotiv stadium, just off Okruzhnoy Proyezd. Underground station hall located at a depth about 11 meters under ground level.
There are located near the metro station Cherkizovskaya in Moscow:
- Vostochny railway station.
- "Locomotive" stadium. Address: Bolshaya Cherkizovskaya, 125, Moscow.
- Ice Palace "Locomotive". Address: Bolshaya Cherkizovskaya, 125, building 4, Moscow.
- Railway station Cherkizovo.
- State University of Physical Culture, Sport, Youth and Tourism. Address: Moscow, Sireneviy Boulevard, 4.
- Shopping center "Cherkizovsky Passage". Address: Okruzhnoy Proyezd, 2A, Building 1, Moscow.
- Hostel "Kangaroo". Address: 1st Pugachevskaya Street, 17, Moscow, Russia.
Metro station location map.