Anti-coronavirus measures are being strengthened in St. Petersburg, Russia. The QR code, proof of vaccination, will need to be presented to access many places.
From November 1, access to exhibitions and sporting events will be carried out via a QR code.
From November 1, group trips of children to circuses, museums, theaters, exhibitions and concerts are prohibited.
From November 15, it is necessary to present the QR code in swimming pools, fitness centers, theaters, circuses, concert halls, cinemas, museums and exhibitions, as well as at the ceremony of solemn registration of marriage
From December 1, it is possible to get to cafes and restaurants only by a QR code.
(A QR code confirming the completion of a full course of vaccination, or a QR code about a past illness, or a certificate of a medical exemption from vaccination.)
According to the information available on October 19, 2021, the new restrictions do not apply to hotels, the QR code will not be needed when checking into the hotel. (Subject to change.)
Here's what we were able to find out as of October 19, 2021. (Changes will be for sure.)
QR code can be obtained by those who:
- Who is fully vaccinated with Russian vaccines (Sputnik V, KoviVak, EpiVacCorona, Sputnik Light).
- Who has had a coronavirus and recovered in the last half a year.
Update October 23, 2021.
Information from the website of the administration of St. Petersburg (slightly abbreviated).
From October 30 to November 7, it is prohibited (temporarily suspended):
1) the activities of cafes, restaurants, etc. (with the exception of takeaway and delivery service, catering at railway stations, gas stations, as well as industrial canteens);
2) the activities of shops (with the exception of pharmacies, gas stations for electric vehicles, grocery stores or non-food essential goods);
3) the provision of services of beauty salons (except for hairdressing salons), beauty salons, spa salons, massage parlors, tanning salons;
4) admission of visitors to fitness centers, swimming pools, water parks, aquariums, attractions, ice skating rinks, entertainment and leisure facilities.
5) visitor access to children's playrooms, children's entertainment centers;
6) provision of state, municipal and other services in the premises of state authorities (with the exception of registration of birth, marriage, divorce, death);
7) holding sports events (with the exception of sports events that have been specially permitted;
8) holding cultural and entertainment, congress, exhibition and other events (including master classes, lectures, trainings) (except for the activities of theaters and museums);
9) access of visitors to the premises of libraries, cinemas, circuses, concert halls (except for the activities of theaters and museums);
10) activities for the implementation of educational programs. At the same time, the implementation of educational programs should be carried out online;
11) carriage of passengers by water transport.
Accommodation in hotels from October 30 to November 7, 2021 is possible only with a QR code; or a PCR test done no earlier than three calendar days.
In St. Petersburg, foreign tourists will have difficulties with visiting theaters, museums and restaurants.
The authorities of St. Petersburg do not yet know how they will be able to verify the authenticity of certificates of vaccination with a foreign vaccine.
We hope that a solution will be found.
As of the end of October, foreign tourists do not have the opportunity to receive the QR code, which is required to access restaurants, museums and theaters. (October 25, 2021.)