Where to go on vacation this winter? Perhaps in Thailand? Traveling to Thailand will be easier soon. COVID restrictions are lifted. Tourists from many countries can enter Thailand without a visa.
The Thai authorities have decided to lift the remaining covid restrictions on the entry of foreign visitors from October 1, 2022. Foreign tourists will no longer need vaccination certificates or PCR tests to enter Thailand. You will be able to come on holiday to the Kingdom of Thailand under the conditions that were in effect before the COVID-19 pandemic.
Disease control measures will be eased as the symptoms of Covid-19 are currently not severe and are similar to those of the common cold.
The decision to lift restrictions was made in a timely manner. Winter is the best time to travel in Thailand. Excellent, comfortable weather is in Thailand in winter and spring. The lifting of restrictions will surely encourage tourists to travel to the kingdom this winter.
If you have not yet decided where to go on vacation this winter, we recommend that you consider traveling to Thailand as one of the options.
In addition, Thailand extended the period of visa-free stay for tourists from 30 to 45 days. (This rule is valid for tourists from countries eligible for a visa exemption. To visit Thailand for tourism purposes only.) The period of stay has also been extended from 15 to 30 days for those who are eligible for a visa on arrival in Thailand.
The visa waiver rule allows tourists from 64 countries to enter Thailand without applying for a visa.
To visit Thailand you need to have:
- Valid passport. You will need a passport valid for at least 6 months after the date of departure. It is also recommended that you leave at least 2 unused pages in your current passport for any required entry and exit stamps that may be issued.
- Confirmed travel itinerary (hotel reservation, return ticket).
- Proof of residence and funds of at least THB 10,000 per person and THB 20,000 per family.
Thailand has been gradually opening up to international tourism since the COVID-19 pandemic. Phuket Sandbox, Samui Plus and 7+7 Extension programs have been introduced since July 2021. This was followed by a four-stage schedule for lifting restrictions from October 2021 to January 2022. The Kingdom has entered a full reopening phase starting July 1, 2022 (after the cancellation of the Thai Pass). Foreign nationals were only required to present proof of vaccination or a negative test result. Now this rule will also be abolished starting October 1, 2022.
Thailand has every chance of becoming the most popular tourist destination in Southeast Asia this winter and spring. In the near future, it is planned to open new places for visiting and entertainment.
- The Carnival Magic theme park has recently opened in Phuket.
- The new Bangkok World park in Bangkok will open on November 25, 2022. Dishes from different provinces of Thailand will be presented here, it will be possible to visit artisan shops, as well as attractions for children and adults.
- October 12, 2022 Aquaverse Columbia Pictures theme park will open in Pattaya.
Tourists from these countries can visit Thailand without a visa (for tourism purposes, October 2022):
- Argentina (90 days).
- Brazil (30 and 90 days).
- Cambodia (14 days in total).
- Chile (90 days).
- Czech Republic.
- Hong Kong.
- Korea (30 and 90 days).
- Myanmar (14 days in total).
- New Zealand.
- Peru (30 and 90 days).
- San Marino.
- Slovak Republic.
- South Africa.
- United Arab Emirates.
- United Kingdom.