Metro Station Shabolovskaya in Moscow located at the intersection of Shabolovka street and Academica Petrovskogo street, at a distance about 4 kilometers to south of the city center (Kremlin and Red Square). The station is located at Kaluzhsko-Rizhskaya line of the Moscow Metro (line 6, orange line), between the stations "Octyabrskaya" and "Leninsky Prospect".
The station was built in 1962, but was opened much later, November 6, 1980. The station is located at depth 46.5 meters under ground level.
Television and radio broadcasting theme was used in the station design. There is a large stained glass window depicting Shukhovskaya Tower on the station.
There are some places of interest, located near the metro Shabolovskaya in Moscow:
- Shabolovka television center. It was the USSR main television center before the Ostankino television transmitting center was open in 1967.
- "Neskuchny Sad" park. It is considered as part of Gorky Park.
- Germany visa center in Moscow. Address: Shabolovka Street, 31, bldg 5, Moscow.
- Moscow State University of Design and Technology. Address: Malaya Kaluga, 1, Moscow.
- Shukhovskaya Tower. Address: Shukhov Street, 8, Moscow.
- Donskoy Monastery. Address: Donskaya square, 1-3, Moscow.
- «Domumetro on Shabolovskaya" hotel. Address: 23 Donskaya street, Moscow, Russia.