“Polytekhnicheskaya” metro station in Saint Petersburg (станция метро Политехническая) is located in the northeastern part of the city, in the northern part of the street Polytekhnicheskaya (Akademik Ioffe square). The distance from the station to the city center (Palace Square) is approximately 8.5 kilometers.
“Polytekhnicheskaya” station is located on the Kirovsko-Vyborgskaya line of Petersburg metro
(line 1, red line) between stations "Academicheskaya" and "Ploschad Muzhestva".
The station was opened 31 December 1975. The Polytechnic University is located near the station. This has influenced the choice of the station name.
The station ground lobby is located at the intersection of the Polytekhnicheskaya street with Gidrotehnikov street and Kurchatova street.
The station underground hall is located at a depth about 65 meters below the ground surface.
There are located near the metro station Polytekhnicheskaya in St. Petersburg:
- St. Petersburg Polytechnic University. Address: Polytekhnicheskaya street, 29, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Institute of International Educational Programs of Polytechnic University. Address: Grazhdansky Prospect, 28, St. Petersburg.
- Military academy of communications.
- Sports center named after Victor Alexeev. Address: Rajewski, 16, St. Petersburg.
- Olginsky pond.
- Hotel “Sputnik”. Address: Maurice Thorez Prospekt 36, St. Petersburg, Russia.
Metro station location map.