Kropotkinskaya Metro Station in Moscow is located in the central part of the city, approximately 1.5 kilometers from Red Square to the south-west. The station is located at a distance about 300 meters from the Moskva River.
Kropotkinskaya Metro Station is located on the Sokolnicheskaya Line of the Moscow Metro (line 1, Red line), between stations "Biblioteka Imeni Lenina" and "Park Kultury".
The station was opened on 15 May 1935. Until October 8, 1957 the station was called "Palace of the Soviets." (The name refers to the fact that next to the station was planned to build a Palace of Soviets on the site of the demolished in 1931 Christ the Savior Cathedral.)
The station get current name in honor of Peter Alekseevich Kropotkin. Peter Alexeyevich Kropotkin was known as a geographer, traveler, theorist of anarchism.
Kropotkinskaya metro station has two exits. Station ground lobby is located on the Prechistenskie Vorota square, at the intersection of the streets Gogolevskiy Bulvar and Prechistenka. There is also an exit (entrance) through an underground passage under the street Volkhonka, next to the Cathedral of Christ the Savior.
It is planned transition construction to the station "Volkhonka" of Kalinin-Solntsevskaya line after the completion of its construction.
Kropotkinskaya is the nearest metro station for: