Metro station “Biblioteka Imeni Lenina” (Lenin Library, Russian: Библиотека имени Ленина) located in the center of Moscow under the Mokhovaya Street, at the intersection of Mokhovaya and Vozdvizenka streets, near the Kremlin and other Moscow attractions. “Biblioteka Imeni Lenina” metro station is situated on the “Sokolnicheskaya” metro line (line 1, red line) of the Moscow Metro, between the stations “Okhotniy Ryad” and “Kropotkinskaya”.
The station was opened 15 May 1935. Metro station “Biblioteka Imeni Lenina” is located at depth about 12 meters.
Ground station lobbies are located near the Russian State Library, which until 1992 was called “USSR State Library named after Lenin” (Linin Library). In eastern part of station is a mosaic portrait of Lenin. The station has exits to the streets of “Mokhovaya” and “Vozdvizenka”.
The station is part of a major transportation hub of the Moscow Metro. From this station it is possible to transfer to stations “Arbatskaya” (Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya Line), “Aleksandrovsky Sad” (Filyovskaya Line), and “Borovitskaya” (Serpukhovsko-Timiryazevskaya Line).
Near the metro station “Biblioteka Imeni Lenina” in Moscow are located:
- Moscow Kremlin. The Kremlin is the main attraction of Moscow. The Moscow Kremlin Museum operates on the territory of the Kremlin.
- Red Square. The most famous square of Russia. Distance from metro station to Red Square is approximately 600 meters.
- St. Basil's Cathedral. It is the most famous churches in Moscow. Distance from metro station is about 1 kilometer.
- Alexander Garden. Aleksandrovsky Sad (Alexander Garden) is located near the walls of the Kremlin. Here are located the ticket office of Moscow Kremlin Museums.
- Historical Museum. The biggest historical museum in Russia is located in Moscow Red Square. Distance is approximately 500 meters.
Moscow: attractions, museums, theaters, shopping malls, useful information.
Moscow metro - information for tourists.
Metro map - Moscow metro stations and lines location on map.
Guided Moscow metro tour (you'll see the most beautiful stations).
The best accommodation for tourists: hotels near the Red Square in Moscow.